Annual general meeting
Halifax Pride's 2017 Annual General Meeting (AGM) will take place October 2, 2017, 6:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
As per the by-laws of the Halifax Pride Society, the AGM must be held before October 7. Items to be dealt with and deemed to be ordinary business at each annual general meeting include:
a) Minutes of the preceding annual general meeting;
b) Consideration of the annual reports of the director;
c) Consideration of the financial statements, including balance sheet, operating statement, and the report of the Treasurer;
d) Appointment of an auditor;
e) Election of the Board; and
d) Any other business approved in advance by a majority vote of the Board.
Halifax Pride also hosts monthly community meetings where the executive director and board present current initiatives and progress for community feedback.
The AGM will be held:
Date: October 2, 2017
Time: 6:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Location: Halifax Central Library, Creative Lab - Second Floor
- Snacks and light refreshments will be offered.
- The Halifax Central Library is a wheelchair accessible space.
- Gender neutral washrooms are identified on site.
- ASL interpretation services may be arranged by emailing email@example.com a minimum of 72 hours prior to the event.
- Halifax Pride is working to ensure an active listener is on site.
- On site childcare can be provided.
- Those requiring travel assistance may obtain Metro Transit tickets from the organizers at the event.
The AGM will be facilitated by a third-party, professional facilitator.
The AGM will be guided by Halifax Pride's Safer Spaces Policy and Statement.
The board of directors will prepare an annual report in advance of the AGM to outline activities over the last fiscal year. The report will include financial statements, board member portfolio reports, community feedback and survey results, and a yearly update on actions taken to improve Halifax Pride.
If you are unable to attend the AGM on October 2, and would like a copy of the Annual Report, or other AGM documents, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.