The Halifax Pride Society will host the Fierté Canada Pride (FCP) annual conference and AGM from February 16 to 19, 2017, at the Marriott Harbourfront Hotel in Halifax, NS. This annual conference is an opportunity for Pride organizations and organizers to network, participate in workshops, and share ideas from across Canada. This year, Halifax Pride wants to ensure the inclusion of community members in these conversations by offering a variety of accessible dialogues and seminars.
The Halifax Pride conference committee is inviting groups and individuals to submit proposals for seminars, lectures, or panel discussions they would offer as part of this year’s conference. Tentative themes for discussion at the conference include “Prioritizing QTBIPOC people through spaces, funding, and leadership” and “Challenges facing Pride and the LGBT2Q+ Community”.
Proposal submissions should include:
- Session title
- A 50-75 word seminar description for all conference promotional materials
- Full description (approx. 300 words) based on criteria noted above
- Details about the author(s)/ presenter(s) – name(s), title(s), organizational affiliation(s), organizational website link/logo’s (if applicable), professional designation(s) and brief biographies. Please provide this as you would wish to have it appear in promotional materials.
- Contact information of applicant: name, e-mail address, phone number
- Any audio-visual requirements
- Any fees or costs to be covered
On Thursday, January 5th, Halifax Pride will host a community meeting at the Halifax North Public Memorial Library to discuss conference goals, how it may be used to best serve the community, and ways to participate. This community meeting will be open to the public and will offer potential seminar applicants further information on what their participation might look like.
If any of the above sounds overwhelming, and/ or you need more information or help with completing a proposal, please reach out to Adam Reid at email@example.com.
Deadline for submissions is Sunday, January 8th, 2017.
Submit proposals as one PDF or Word file with an email to Executive Director Adam Reid at firstname.lastname@example.org.