2017 Grand Marshal Call for Nominations
Each year, the Halifax Pride Society honours individuals or groups who have made a positive impact within the LGBT2Q+ community, offering them the opportunity to lead the Halifax Pride Parade, as well as share their contributions at speaking events.
This year we hope to honour individuals or groups in two categories:
- Grand Marshal
- Youth Marshal
Nominees are required to have made a positive impact on the LGBT2Q+ community worthy of special recognition or celebration. Nominees should also embody the Halifax Pride Society’s spirit of, “Better Together”.
Required information includes:
- Name of the nominee
- Nominee email address/phone number
- Name of nominator
- Nominator email address/phone number
- A statement regarding their merit or reasons for the nomination
Grand Marshal Selection Criteria:
- Nominations from individuals/groups residing in the province of Nova Scotia will be prioritized.
- Nominees should be persons who have displayed outstanding service and/or commitment to the LGBT2Q+ community through volunteerism or other outstanding achievements.
- Nominees should be able and willing to carry out the functions of the Grand Marshal of the Halifax Pride Festival Parade on Saturday, July 22nd, as well as participate in various speaking events during the festival, July 20-30, 2017.
- Nominations must be received on or before May 16, 2017.
Please submit nominations via the online form HERE.