July 21, 2017 – Today, Saturday, July 22, 2017 at 1 p.m. the Halifax Pride Parade marches from Upper Water Street to Garrison Grounds (click here for map). The parade will feature community groups, businesses, political parties, unions, and sponsors.
In attendance is Prime Minister Justin Trudeau. Media are asked to review and abide by the following stipulations for coverage of the Prime Minister:
- Gather at the corner of Barrington and Cogswell no later than 12:45 p.m. From there, media will be escorted to where the Parade will start to capture the PM walking
- The Prime Minister’s march will begin at approximately 1:15 p.m.
- Maintain a distance of 30 - 40 feet ahead of the Prime Minister at all times, unless invited close
- Allow the parade, participants, and the Prime Minister to proceed efficiently and avoid actions that will cause delays or disturbances
- All media requests related to the Prime Minister should be directed to email@example.com
Media covering the parade in other areas are asked to remain off the route at all times.
Thank you for your cooperation. Happy Pride!