Halifax Pride Parade 2017
Want to be part of the excitement, share in the spirit of Halifax Pride, and support the 2SLGBT2Q+ community? The Halifax Pride Parade is ready to embrace your creativity, your talents, and your enthusiasm!
Registration for this year's parade is now open!
To ensure you get the best experience out of the parade and aid the Pride Parade organizers in putting the parade together, it is imperative that your group registers. Do not miss the opportunity to celebrate the best of the 2SLGBT2Q+ community and culture in Halifax and throughout Nova Scotia.
This year we are excited to host the Parade on the first weekend of the Halifax Pride Festival. This will allow you and Halifax Pride the opportunity to tell our spectators about the many wonderful events coming in the days ahead. 2017 also sees the removal of registration fees for 2SLGBT2Q+ community/not-for-profit organizations, to help remove financial barriers to participation. We will also be highlighting these groups by giving them prominent placement in the Parade.
Click HERE for the 2017 Halifax Pride Parade Registration.
To register for the parade:
- Read and review the Parade Policy
- Complete the Halifax Pride Partner Initiative Survey
- Submit your registration form here
Halifax Pride encourages participation by all groups that desire to support their community and share the principal ideals of Halifax Pride: pride, inclusion, respect and diversity in all forms. Deadline for registration is Friday, July 14th, 2017.
What you need to know:
- The 2017 Pride Parade will be held on Saturday, July 22nd, starting at 1:00 pm
- Parade marshalling takes place at the DND dockyard (entrance on Barrington)
- Arrival time 9:00 am and 12:00 noon
- All registrants must check in at a Parade marshalling station upon arrival
- Advance registration is required to participate
- There is no parking within the marshalling grounds for vehicles not used in the parade, as space is limited
- Parade route can be found HERE.
Email David at firstname.lastname@example.org